Your company's holiday gathering is just around the corner -- time to let loose and party with your coworkers after a long year, right? Wrong!!!
No matter how festive the occasion, it's still about business. Here are a few tips to help you keep your job and your dignity..
- Plan an event that reflects well on the company. Choose an appropriate location, control the alcohol flow, and take your coworkers interests into consideration.
- Be DIVERSE - A Christmas party may alienate some staff. A holiday party is more inclusive.
- Do everything in MODERATION! So eat, drink and be merry -- but take it easy. Alcohol plus you and your boss can equal the next day morning's "I can't believe I said that." If you choose to drink, do so minimally.
- Dress appropriately for the occasion. You've worked hard to create a professional image, and revealing clothes can alter your coworkers' and manager's perception of you as a competent professional.
- Mix and mingle! At the very least, don't spend the entire evening with your regular office buddies -- get in the holiday spirit and mingle with people from other departments.
- Pay attention to the time you arrive and when you leave. Even if you don't really want to attend, avoid arriving 20 minutes before the end just to make an appearance. On the flip side, don't party into the wee hours either - neither are a good look!
- Be sure to thank those who coordinated the party. They likely put in a great deal of effort hoping you would have a good time. Not only is saying thank you the nice thing to do, but it also makes you stand out from the many employees who don't.
Until Next Time
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.