Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering September 11, 2001

Where were you when you heard the news?  I was on the train headed to Blue Cross Blue Shield and I received a call from my husband who was traveling for Lufthansa Airlines.  There was a problem, something was wrong.  During that day and for the days/month/years to follow I have cried tears of sadness for the lives lost and applauded those that were so brave and fought to save lives of the unknown. 

Although I don't remember the people that were on the train with me that day, the fear, sense of loss and genuine concern we all shared will never be forgotten. 


 
We must never forget.
“Now, we have inscribed a new memory alongside those others. It’s a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It’s also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend–even a friend whose name it never knew. “
- President George W. Bush, December 11, 2001


 Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails