Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: "Not Your Regular Chicken Parm"

I am one busy mompreneur!!! I work a full time job, plan weddings/events, design stationery, drive a cab.. I mean transport children AND find time for a husband.  Needless to say some days the meal choices aren't that great, the cab needs gas and the hubby... well, he's understanding MOST days.  However, every once in a while I figure out a way to do something pretty darn cool. 

On Saturday I did some grocery shopping and due to getting some bad news that knocked me off my square, I completely forgot to freeze the chicken breasts in addition to some other things.  Well, it's Sunday! I've attended two church services, had a bridal meeting, steamed the floors (again), started a load of laundry, cut paper for invitations, and no matter how I try to avoid it - I must cook - cook what?  THE CHICKEN!


When I looked at the chicken I had every intention to simply grill or fry it and keep it moving.  Then I had a great idea of making chicken parm.  Half way through prep I realized I didn't have enough sauce, nor did I have enough tomatoes to make it from scratch.  What's a girl to do?  IMPROVISE!!! 

When  your 14 year old says you rocked, you ROCKED!!!  Here is my version of Chicken Parm and Garlic Mostacholi with bacon and mushrooms.



Ingredients
-Chicken Breasts
-Italian Bread Crumbs
-Seasoning Salt
-Pepper
-Olive Oil
-Prego Garlic Sauce
-Stewed Tomatoes
-An Array of shredded cheeses
-Mostacholi
-Bacon
-Spinach
-Mushrooms
-Garlic
-Butter

Directions
Pre-heat over to 350.  Season thawed chicken breasts and cover with bread crumbs.  Lightly brown over medium heat in olive oil.  Place browned chicken breasts into a foil pan and cover with Prego and stewed tomatoes.  Be sure to leave a few tomatoes for the mushrooms.  Cover and bake for 45 minutes, add an array of shredded cheeses and re-cover.

In a separate pan, add 2 pats of butter, seasoning salt, pepper, garlic and mushrooms.  Sautee until almost done and add a few stewed tomatoes.

In a pot, boil your mostacholi until done.  Once done, add a stick of butter, the mushroom mixture and any left over cheese.  Serve hot!!

"Live & Love"
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails