Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Recipe: Spicy Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Welcome to Tasty Tuesday!! What does this have to do with event planning or weddings? Nothing and everything. Life in itself is an event and daily we find ourselves celebrating in some time of way. Currently, I am doing a weight loss challenge with a group of ChiTown Moms called "Lose Weight in 8".  So, in honor of that challenge and Mother's Day, I thought it would be interesting to post recipes each Tuesday during the month of May.

My alias during the challenge is "The Busy Absentee"!  As a professional wedding and events planner I am typically always busy AND always absent from healthy food choices.   I get so busy planning and managing business and family that I often forget to eat.

Last week I believe I did OK by preparing the following recipe for the family... Try it for yours and even for Mother's Day!!! 


Spinach and Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sauteed Mushrooms. 
Ingredients
8 Chicken Breasts
2 Pkg Spinach (I used frozen creamed)
16oz Pepper Jack Cheese
Mushrooms
Cajun Spices
Grape seed Oil
Toothpicks

Directions
Heat oven to 350. In a bowl mix the spinach and cheese until well blended.

Take the chicken breasts and split open and stuff with spinach mixture. Using the toothpicks to keep close, turn over and rub with grape seed oil and sprinkle with Cajun spices.  Place in glass baking dish and put into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.  In a separate pan, cook mushrooms.  Once sauteed and place over chicken with remaining spinach/cheese mixture
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails