Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WEDnesday Love: Leave Me Alone - It's Mother's Day!

Life as a wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, wedding and event's planner equals one thing.. BUSY!  I can count the times that I'm able to lay across the bed and either read, watch television or simply sit and scratch without someone asking me questions or giving me answers that I didn't ask for. 

This week in particular has been a zoo with weddings, cheer tryouts, driving to Evansville, Indiana in a day and a graduation dance that I must prepare for.  Did I also mention I have a few other designs due for a wedding at the end of this month?  AnyANDwho, my daughter's have also asked me repeatedly for the past week what I want for Mother's Day and each day I give the same thing and they chuckle. I have never imagined that being left alone was such a difficult task.  I love my family and wouldn't trade them for the world.  However, after countless hours of "MA, MOM, MOTHER, HEY... SHARON".... at some point silence is more than golden.

Recently a co-worker asked about Mother's Day and was shocked by me not wanting a lot of hoopla surrounding me on that day.  Today, a friend asked the question on FB what ladies wanted for Mother's Day and I'm sure some thought my response was selfish and others may have found humor in it; seriously...  the idea of a day filled with nothingNESS has me all bubbly on the inside. 

NOTE:   I know I'm a mother, reminded MULTIPLE times throughout the day.  I'm beyond grateful to have been blessed with such precious cargo.  However, I can close my eyes and see myself in the most raggedy pj's I own, with a bottle of wine and snacks very close by.  Ooooh, I just had another thought of me sitting outside on the deck off the bedroom with that same bottle of wine (or another) and Pandora playing Will Downing.  Wait, maybe I'll wander outside onto the patio with ... yep, you've guessed it, a bottle of wine to look at the grass grow.  The last two will only work if ALL the kids in the neighborhood, and their dads have the same idea for their mom/wife/girlfriend and walk around in complete silence so we can actually hear NOTHING!

"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."

Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails