Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WEDnesday Love: Dear Valentine!

I remember being in school and sitting up all night individually addressing the Valentine's Day cards to my classmates. I was no different than anyone else at First Lutheran Elementary School; I looked forward to passing out the little cheap cards with suckers or the heart shaped candies attached.  Then there was THE ONE....  Instead of  being addressed to Jimmy, it said "Dear Valentine".  What fun did we have reading all of the little messages and then adding our own twist. Lol. 

Now that I am married with children I no longer buy the packet of cards and put candy on them for a complete class but I do buy one special card and still address it ”Dear Valentine!" Since we now have a family it's important that everyone receives something on this day love is celebrated.  As a couple we make sure the girls receive something from him and I take care of the boys. 


As of this moment, it seems that I forgot how to count because I am NOT prepared for Valentine's Day, 2013. Lucky for me I can whip up a special meal featuring some family favorites and toss in either Rum Balls or Carmel Brownie Cheesecake and I'm back in the winners circle.  The pre Valentine's Day meal consisted of Cream Cheese Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and Crab Melts along with some fried chicken and sides and will post the recipes on tomorrow (2/14).  For Valentine's Day  I'll go ahead and either delight their palettes with Shrimp and Grits or Seared Shrimp with Four Cheese Ravioli in Vodka Sauce! Go ME.....

 
As an added bonus, back in October I released the TIGERESS within and took some Boudoir photos so he will get one of these to look at on a daily basis too. (Giggle)
 

How will you celebrate Valentine's Day?

Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails