Saturday, February 16, 2013

Soothing Saturday with Shay: Shrimp and Four Cheese Ravioli with Vodka Sauce

Soothing Saturday's with Shay are often planned events where I allow others into my journey, my way, and my lifestyle.  However, that isn't all it consists of!  As a wife, mother and entrepreneur, I am very busy so personal Soothing Saturday's with Shay are very important to me.  There aren't many weekends that I get to be at home with the family so it's imperative that I make good use of the time. 

Today, after making smoothies for breakfast, watching the nephew and Dayton on ESPN2 and making everyone clean up, I thought I'd try my hand at a new dish. 


Shrimp and Four Cheese Ravioli with Vodka Sauce was a fabulous choice for the family on this Saturday.  Being the daughter of Dorothy and the granddaughter of Jennie; I'm not one for measuring but here are the ingredients and how I created this Soothing Saturday with Shay dish.

Disclaimer:  I'm just a woman with a family so use your imagination on the parts you think I left out :)

Ingredients
Jumbo Shrimp (approx 50)
Mushrooms
Tomato and Basil Sauce
Vodka
Buitoni Ravioli
Minced Garlic
Lemon Pepper
Butter
Olive Oil
Cream Cheese
Pepper Jack, Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese


Once everything was sliced and peeled it was time to get this baby on the stove.  I must warn you that it took all four burners and several dirty dishes to complete, but it was well worth it in the end.

Directions
Prepare the shrimp and season with lemon pepper. Set aside

In a separate pot add water and salt for the ravioli.

In a medium sized pot mix the sauce and 1 cut of vodka.  Cook on low heat for approximately 20 minutes.


In yet another pan, add butter and olive oil.  Saute the mushrooms and then add shrimp.  Once the shrimp are pink add garlic and whisk in cream cheese until smooth.  Add the tomato sauce mixture and the other cheeses.





 Boil the ravioli for 8 minutes, rinse and add the above sauce.... bon appetite!

"Live Life With No Regrets"
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails