Monday, April 28, 2014

Motivational Monday: "Mirror Mirror on the Wall"


Mirror Mirror on the Wall............... What is BEAUTY after all?  When you look in the mirror what do you see?  I remember growing up, my parents always made me feel really pretty.  Then I had to leave my home and go to school were my dark skin wasn't so favorable.  I was called names such as "darky" "black" and the worst of them all "SKILLET". 

I remember asking myself, "why are kids so mean?"  More importantly, why did it matter so much what they thought of me?  One thing is for sure, I was thank for a home with other darkies that knew and appreciated what we acquired from our ancestors was beautiful!!!


Fast forward to my adult life and being dark NEVER phased me!  I relished in my dark skin and often times during the summer looked forward to it becoming even more chocolaty.  My brothers call me "black" as a term of endearment and I answer proudly because "My Black Is Beautiful". I love who I am and what I look like; from my naturally curly hair, big brown eyes, half of a dimple when I smile; my white teeth, lips, hips and thighs. Even though I work out to keep fit, know that -YES! I love my beautiful brown self through and through.

What do YOU see when you look in the mirror?

"Live Life Out Loud, On Purpose and with NO Regrets"
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails