Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Motivation: "I AM My Sister's Keeper"


What is sisterhood? What is friendship?  What is loyalty?  What is accountability?  All of these attributes partially describe the wonderful women I associate with.  Over the past few years my level of patience for nonsense has really grown thin and it bothers me when I see women that are suppose to friends sit back and watch another fall by the wayside.  What gets my goat even more is a woman rolling around in a pile of self pity.  STOP!

We're all busy living life, raising families and working jobs and some are even running a business or two.  With all of that there should still be a deserving pause for "girl stop" or "girl go" if necessary.  As my director would call it... "sister girlin' it".

Recently, I read somewhere about having an accountability partner.  Although I agree, I don't agree with the thought that the person can't be your clubbing or church hopping buddy.  KNOW your circle- I wrote a post last week about knowing your inner and outer circle.  Those that are in my circle, yes we may go out on occasion but I declare if there is a pull up that needs to be done - they'll be the ones to do it. 

Surround yourself with people that understand it's not cool to sit back and watch your demise but it's important to keep each other uplifted, inspired and encouraged.  To have the backs of those we call "friend" and to hold each other accountable.  It's real simple.. DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU'RE GOING TO DO!  The world is full of  "I'm getting mine, you get yours"...  if you call her your sister or any level of friend, if she falls, dust her off and bring her with you.

Remember:  Everyone isn't suppose to be IN your circle - choose wisely!

Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails