How many women know what a Boudoir photo shoot is? By definition a boudoir is a woman's dressing room, bedroom or private sitting room. Yes – it is as sexy as it sounds, but it's CLASSY! Boudoir shoots are photo shoots, usually of women, wearing different styles of lingerie. Brides usually do these shoots as a gift for their fiancé. The sessions are supposed to be cute and fun – not raunchy. But it's not just for brides! You can also use a Boudoir shoot as a birthday gift, an anniversary gift to your significant other, a Valentine's Day gift or even as a gift to your Mr. or Mrs. overseas.
Here are a few things to note once you book your Bourdoir shoot:
- You decided the location for the shoot. A great idea is to reserve a hotel room. Keep in mind that you can also do the shoot in your home or in a photography studio.
- Choose your outfits wisely. Wear pieces that you are comfortable in. You don’t want to look scared in the photos. Bring pieces that you know you will be comfortable in. I would bring at least 5 different pieces.
- Wear loose clothing to the photo shoot so that you don’t have lines on your body. For example – you don’t want the lines from your belt buckle imprinted on your stomach....no bueno..lol
- Use props- hats are always cute and over-exaggerated jewelry is even better.
- You don’t have to shoot in the nude! Your photographer should be able to do “implied nude” where you are not wearing much but the viewer will not be able to see your personals. You make the decision.
- Bring a friend with you if this is your first shoot with the photographer. It will help you feel a little bit more comfortable.
- Wear clear deodorant – sounds simple enough but you wont believe how many people forget
Hopefullyyou will be inspired to book your own Boudoir session. It makes a great gift!
Getting Married and need assistance?Email Me for current specials
For All Your Event Planning Needs
Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc.
Sharon Patrice, Owner
Simple Perfect Peace Events
Designs by Shay