These little golden nuggets of fantastic-ness can't be described any other way. The sweet potato flavor balances the sharp cream cheese flavors nicely and the hint of cinnamon gives a warmth that is perfect for cold weather. After a big holiday meal, it is always good to have something sweet, but I don't want a huge piece after I've already stuffed myself into silliness on dinner. These bites are great because people can have as much or as little as they want. Also, no slicing. You could make them in normal sized cupcake tins instead of mini muffin tins - just add more time in the oven. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups ginger snaps
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- In food processor combine crushed wafers and butter.
- Press 1 tsp. of the mixture firmly into very well greased mini muffin tins and chill for 1 hour.
- Cover each sweet potato with foil and roast in the oven at 350 for an hour, until the inside is very tender.
- Puree cooked sweet potatoes in the food processor until smooth.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs just until combined.
- Stir in pureed sweet potatoes and sour cream.
- Scoop smooth, cream cheese mixture into the mini muffin cups. They won't really rise or fall so you can just fill the cups to the top.
- Bake the cheesecakes in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until cheesecake is just set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack and allow to cool completely in the fridge (20-30 minutes) until you try to remove them from the muffin pan.
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.