Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Motivation: "The Time is Now"


This Sunday (November 3rd) I will be downtown with my sister/friend participating in my very first 5k!  Sandra Dillard Howse (owner of Healthy Howse) and I have been motivating and inspiring each other for over 20 years and I still can't believe it is time to actually run.  My emotions vary from nervous to scared to excited. I even found myself crying during one of my runs this week because I was so burnt out but yet couldn't stop.
The training has been interesting and challenging to say the least. It's funny, because as I moved through training I had to remind myself that, "it's just a 3 mile run and I've done this before."  It's been 14 years since I've ran 3 miles with a purpose.  I'm not necessarily looking at time for the time is NOW, I'm simply looking to finish!

This week I am focusing on lots of fluid intake by attempting to consume 64oz of water. Dehydration is the number one hindrance for athletes and runners.


 Each day I am attempting to consume 64 ounces of water. On race day Turner recommends:

Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails