Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Motivation: 1st 5k!

Challenge accepted and achieved! On Sunday, November 3, 2013, my sister and friend, Sandra Dillard Howse and I conquered our first 5k. Having trained we were confident in our physical ability to make it through but I still struggled mentally. Some words of encouragement from family and prayers eased my mind the night before as well as a good meal.


Husband put together a huge pot of his spaghetti along with a salad and some garlic bread.  I ate like a queen.



Bright and early my alarm went off and I was excited as a puppy getting to go outside! Sandra and I agreed to meet near the starting point and all was a go until I ran into traffic on the Dan Ryan.  Who works on the roads on race day?  CHICAGO does!! 




Anywho, we shall not be defeated.  I kept trying until I finally made my way to the race area and there were a gazillion people down there.  Once we were finally in place and they called out our "wave".. we were actually RUNNING!  As mile 1.5 I felt as if I was really doing something.  I had gotten over the initial mind battle and was ready to finish what I'd started. 


What a rewarding experience running the Hot Chocolate 5k was!  I look forward to many more adventures with my sisters and friends as I journey on this road to 50!


 "Live Life Out Loud, On Purpose and With No Regrets"
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. and Designs by Shay, the Blog "My Journey, My Way, My LIFESTYLE ~ Celebrating Love, Laughter and Everything in Between..." You or your brand interested in a review? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails