Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Simple Tips For a More Beautiful YOU!

October, November and December are all pretty eventful months.  During that time we pretty much everything we want, take random naps, shop without caring and some became ENGAGED!  Now that it's a new year, January is the month when the focus shifts from packing it in to taking it off.  New health and beauty resolutions are the most popular tweets and status' seen with everyone making an effort to redeem themselves from all the bad things they did to their bodies over the holiday season.

What many of my clients don't know is that I am a secret health nut! I have been just a hair short of  obsessed with the topic and I often find myself watching infomercials regarding the latest health and beauty products.  I believe that looking good on the outside starts with feeling good on the inside! One of my favorite tips is wheat grass!! Not the best tasting shot but the health benefits supersede the look and taste. are some of our favorite health and beauty picks that we use ALL year round.

As you are preparing for your upcoming wedding and/or event, here are a few things I personally like:

Prescriptives! Let me be clear - for your wedding please use a PROFESSIONAL make up artist. However, for everyday wear Presciptives is my makeup of choice. I'm not a heavy make up user but I found that prescriptives serves my purpose. Very light coverage, and a great moisturizer with some vitamins and SPF.


Lashes!  These give the average girl a lot of kick.  Lashes have come a long way right?  You now can get the classic strips which are fairly easy to apply, individuals or what you see here extensions both require an "expert" IMO.  Since I am a lash picker (bad me).. I prefer the strips.  However, be sure when you wear them that if they begin to fall off and you don't notice.... a friend will tell you (insider..lol)



Nails!  Every girl needs to have fresh nails.  I confess that I LOVE getting my nails done but I don't wear anything too loud or colorful.  My sister would consider it a little boring but fresh and clean fits my style.  What is yours?  Oh, and since I ONLY wear OPI, I'm digging the new line of Gelcolors. These UV treated polishes don’t chip, last about 2 weeks and come in all the classic OPI colors that I adore.


Sunglasses! I wear contacts so sunglasses are a must for me.  Now, if I can keep my nieces and daughters out of them most time when you see me, you'll see those nearby.  Sunglasses protect the eyes and keep you from squinting.  FYI-squinting is not attractive and because squinting causes wrinkles -wrinkles are the enemy!  Needless to say sunglasses are useful and a great accessory!


Wheat Grass!  I can honestly say I don't mind the taste....However, if it's a problem for you try mixing or chasing it with some apple juice to help you get this wonder food down a bit easier. One of the main reasons I drink it is because it helps with alkalizing your body. If you are a meat eater like me then one of the side effects of all that meat is that it creates a lot of acid in your body and your body being too acid is one of the main reasons many illnesses happen.
 
  • One ounce contains 103 vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
  • One ounce of wheatgrass juice represents as much nutritional value as approximately 2.5 pounds of fresh green vegetables.
  • Wheatgrass juice is high in chlorophyll.
  • It is very high in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E and K.
  • Wheatgrass juice is a natural source of laetrile (B-17).
  • It contains beta-carotene, which is found in red, green and yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables. Beta-carotene acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing naturally through the body or through toxins inhaled from cigarette smoke, air pollution and other damaging sources.
  • Wheatgrass cleanses, purifies and feeds the body by activating the white blood cells, which boost the body’s immune system.
  • Wheatgrass juice is also beneficial for people who need to lose weight or cleanse their bodies.
Exercise, Wrap and Massage!  Want to shed those pounds before that special event or wedding? Exercising is key!  Try working out 3-5 times a week doing SOMETHING.  I try on a weekly basis to do yoga, zumba and WII fit.  If you've never tried a wrap, get one.. it's a quick way to shed some pounds and NOT water weight.  Se'Relasse!!! Relaxation is essential is keeping your stess level down. Schedule some time to get a good massage throughout your planning process.

~Peaceful Planning
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. You or your brand want coverage at an upcoming event? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails