Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stand up and be noticed.. Cheer With Command

I consider myself a sports FAN...  All three of my brothers played football and/or basketball. My younger sister and I played volleyball, basketball, ran track and not only cheered, but coached it as well.  My nephews, son and a three nieces played basketball, football, softball and ran track not only in high school but on the college level too.  So it's safe to say I've seen my fair share of sports in my day. I have three nieces and a daughter that cheer on a competitive level.  When I say competitive, I mean competitve like the final four!  Cheering is NOTHING like it was when my sister and I was doing it.  Yes, we could do a "split" and a simple pyramid but now cheering is actually a SPORT ...

My daughter and I attended an "open house" for a local cheerleading squad.  Prior to the event she kept asking me what was an open house for the cheer team.  She figured people would simply come see the gym, maybe meet the owners and see the squad perform.  Seems simple right?  Not quite!!!

Cheer Command is a local cheer team based in Mokena, Illinois.  The owners Felicia St. John and Stephanie Losieczka are dedicated to training Cheerleaders to excel in competition building self-esteem, sportsmanship and developing life long skills in leadership and teamwork. 
What I found most interesting during the "open house" was that many vendors were being noticed for non "cheer" related items.  pink Slip Boutique, located in Mokena had the most awesome jewelry!  Lauren McKeague also let me know they are running specials on prom dresses in conjuction with "Glass Slipper".  Look for more information on PinkSlip on Examiner.com...

Other vendors on site were Ericka Henderson and Naye Owen-Howard of Thoughtful U, a fine paper and Design company; Debra Dziekanowski of My Shop by Longaberger with baskets for every occasion that could even have custom tags created; Dawn Michalak with Entertaining at home. On our way out the door something else captured my attention.. the CUTEST summer shirts!  Of course every vendor is available for home shows which made it even more fascinating to me, being an events planner :) 

There are many cheer teams across America and girls now recognize that cheerleading is a sport and command to be noticed!  Cheer Command currently has five (5) competitive teams and a non-travelling team.  They start as early as four (4) years and go through high school.  For the upcoming season, clinics are starting Monday, April 5th and running through Sunday, April 18th.  Evaluations will be held May 3-5, 2010.  For further information about their clinics and upcoming season, visit their website at CHEER COMMAND ROCKETS

Remember, no matter your sport.. CHEER with COMMAND!





Getting Married and need assistance? Email Me for current specials
For All Your Event Planning Needs
Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc.
Sharon Patrice, Owner
Simple Perfect Peace Events
Designs by Shay
Read my Examiner Articles

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!
"SimplyShay"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails