Although I am no relationship expert I do consider myself an expert in love and romance. One thing I do know is that where there is NO communication, please believe that love romance are soon to follow.
If you're in a relationship, you know that conflict is virtually inevitable. However, conflict isn’t a problem; how it’s handled can bring people together or tear them apart. Poor communication can kill a good relationhp with disagreements and misunderstandings being a source of anger and distance. Since we know that conflicts can occur, next time you’re dealing with it, keep these tips on effective communication skills in mind and you can create a more positive outcome.
- Focus: If the discussion is about what happened TODAY; do not bring up what happened last year, last month, last week or even last night. This does nothing but cloud the current issue with more garbage.. and making the following steps even more difficult.
- Listen: If you're only silent until the other person pauses, you're not listening effectively! No interruption, no being defensive; hear and reflect will go a long way.
- See Both Sides: Everyone wants to be heard and understood. As much as you believe it; you're not always right!
- Own Whats Yours: Realize that personal responsibility is a strength, not a weakness.
- Compromise: Look for resolve. It's not about winning or losing. Try to find a place where both partners can if nothing else, agree to disagree!
After it's all been said and done - we are going to disagree. Marriage and relationships are work!! Be determined to live in PEACE! Don't be a doormat but don't be so eager to argue and fight. Good communication can resolve a lot of the surface issues we have in our relationships.
"Love Without End"
Sharon Patrice Simply Perfect Peace Events, Inc. You or your brand want coverage at an upcoming event? Getting married or having a social event and need assistance? Email Me For All Your Event Planning Needs.